- Beautifully Engraved, Decorative Viking Ornament
- Select the "Personalized" Variation to Swap Out the Text for Your Words
- Perfect Gift for Anyone Named Uhtred! Or any Viking Enthusiasts!
- Reads "Destiny is All" on one side and the same in Danish on other side
- Features an Absolute *Unit* of a Norse Dragon at the Center
- Viking Ornamental Patterns in Background
- Available in Coin-size, 2-inch or 3-inch Styles
- Also Available as a Silver or Pewter Pendant
- Felt Pads Underneath on the 3-inch version for Soft, Scratch-Free Gliding
- Made in the U.S.A
Vikings (especially Uhtred, son of Uhtred) believed that three sisters--called the Nornes--wove the destiny of every human. Your time and place of death was hard-wired into the universe by the Norns, and nothing you did could change it. In Bernard Cornwell's "The Saxon Chronicles" books (which were made into an awesome BBC Series called "The Last Kingdom"), the words wyrd bid ful araed (destiny is all) are a personal mantra for him. When danger closes in on him, he comforts himself with the thought that fear, anger and frustration are useless. And he rises to meet his fate fiercely. Destiny, is all.
This handsome tribute disc is an homage to the Viking spirit of fearlessness and their graceful acknowledgement that we can control nothing but ourselves. Made from polished aluminum and engraved more than 3mm deep, this striking disk is sculpted with a beautiful Norse dragon. Our kick-ass engravers can engrave details that casting or CNC machines can't. Have a lot at the knotwork on the dragon's body and head. Look at the tiny, intricate coils and loops. It's a masterpiece of modern awesomeness.
This tribute is available in a coin-size version, a 2-inch or 3-inch version, or as a silver or pewter pendant. All versions are Vike-tasticaly delicious! And if you're not a fan of destiny, choose the "Personalized" version and swap out one or both lines of text with your own inspirational Viking mantra. Like "Burn, Pillage Plunder." on one side and "Not in that Order" on the other. Or a poignant quote from The Last Kingdom, like, "Never, Ever, Fight Ubba."
So, whether you're a fan of The Last Kingdom, a believer in the power of fate, or just a lover of all things Viking, this tribute is the perfect vessel for letting the world know.
Wyrd Bid Ful Araed!