• Free Text Engraving (and optional graphics, including sigils like a Dire Wolf, etc.)
• Upgrade to LIGHTSTORM™ Deep Engraving for an Heirloom-Quality Gift
• Add Optional Sigil Graphics from Our Library, or Your Own Custom Graphic!
• Magnificent Rendering of a Viking Ceremonial Dagger, Made in Toledo Spain
• Gorgeous Norse Patterns and Runes Cover the Guards, Grip and Pommel
• 13.5" in Overall Length
• 8" Satin-Finish Unsharpened Stainless Dagger Blade with Norse Images
• Includes a Stylish Display Plaque for Wall-Hanging
Along with your free text engraving, you can add the following cool options:
1. LIGHTSTORM™ DEEP ENGRAVING. This is a beautiful, deep engraving with a patterned background and a frame. It's a unique, incredibly impressive style of engraving perfect for gifts, awards or important mementos. The primary text in LIGHTSTORM™ custom text should be fairly short. For thicker swords, you can sometimes get two lines of text deep engraved inside the frame. But it's usually best to put one line of text in the frame (max 40-50 characters). If you need more text, many of our items allow for an additional line below the frame, in standard text. LIGHTSTORM™ Engraving requires a frame choice, so if you select deep engraving, look in the product images for your frame choice. Tell us--in the personalization box--which frame you want. If you don't choose a frame, we'll choose one that we feel looks best for your text.
2. FRAME/DIVIDER: A Frame of Divider around your text. Just select a variation with "Frame" in it. Pick your frame/divider from the product images and let us know which one you want in the personalization box.
3. SIGIL IMAGES. We'll engrave one of our sigil graphics onto most of our items. See the product images for our sigil graphic choices. Pick one, then select a "sigil" variation when choosing the product style you want. Tell us which sigil you want in the personalization box.
4. CUSTOM GRAPHICS: Yup. We'll engrave your image, logo, symbol, fingerprint, dental x-rays--pretty much whatever you want as long as it isn't horrifically offensive, illegal, or risks our business to engrave it. Just pick a "custom graphic" variation (sometimes just "custom" (damn space limitations on variations)) and send us the graphic you want. By sending the graphic, you acknowledge that you have the rights to reproduce the image. If you send us a professional sports team's logo, or a Marvel movie property image or anything like that, we will ask you to certify that you have the rights to the image. Images should be as hi-res as possible and easy to see. If we need to clean up the image, we may contact you and ask you to pay a $25 clean-up fee. You can send images through Etsy messaging if they are standard web graphics, or you can send any type of image by email to: mantraimmortal [!at] gmail.com.
5. CUSTOM SILK GRIP-WRAP: WE offer a silk wrap in one of ten color styles around the grip of many of our items. Depending on the item, the wrap will either cover the entire grip, or just a part of it. Choose a grip-wrap variation and tell us your color choice in the personalization box.
About LIGHTSTORM™ Deep Engraving:
Mantra Immortal uses high-powered lasers to burn away the metal around your text. Yeah, lasers! I know right? We’re talking Han Solo type stuff. Except Han can’t engrave text on a sword blade, can he? Our lasers also create intricate patterns around the text, adding depth, elegance and stimulating contrast. The result? Gorgeous engravings that make any gift look like an heirloom. We don’t know of anyone else customizing their products in this fashion. LIGHTSTORM™ comes with a free frame around your text.
WIth this method, the engraving is etched into the metal, then finished with a blackening process for maximum contrast. Looks great and doesn’t cost much.
LIGHTSTORM™ DEEP ENGRAVING:
This is an exclusive Mantra Immortal technique that turns metal into art! The text or image is raised, with an engraved pattern background, all set within a frame. If you select this style (lucky you!) then we suggest placing the most important words in the frame (maximum of seven or eight words, really) and adding the remainder of the text along the bottom or top (or both) in standard engraving.
GENERAL ENGRAVING TIPS:
1. If you have a lot of text, try to choose a font that isn’t too fancy. Fancier fonts are great for titles or short engravings, but they can be hard to read in bulk. Ever try to read four lines of text in “Season of the Witch?” It’s what aneurysms are made of.
2. If you’re using a fancier font, for the love of all that is holy, please don’t capitalize every letter! Old English is a lovely font, but it looks awful in all caps. Seriously. We have actual nightmares of all-capital Old English chasing us around a haunted house with Comic Sans cheering it on.
3. If you’re using more than one font, take a good look at them to make sure they will look okay together. You can specify to us that you would like one line bold and another not bold, or make one line bigger than the other. That’s often a more efficient way to create contrast in your engraving.
4. Remember, the more text you have, the smaller that text has to be. Not that there’s anything wrong with small text, but if you want text that is readable from a distance, try to limit the length of your engraving.
5. Not sure how to set up your engraving? No worries! Just give us your text, pick a font if you want, and tell us to have at it! We’ll use our thirty years of graphic design experience to create the most aesthetically pleasing engraving possible.